Welcome!

Hi Everyone! My name is Kate Pollard and I am currently studying a Bachelor of Learning Management through CQUniversity, based in Noosa. As part of my studies, I am taking part in a course entitled “Managing E-Learning” which explores the range of technologies available for implementation within learning environments in the 21st Century, and also focuses on equipping prospective teachers with the necessary knowledge and skills required to successfully implement these tools. My journal entries in this Blog will reflect my learning in this subject, as I begin to discover, experiment and become acquainted with new technologies. I can’t wait to share this journey with you all and hear your comments, as I begin to discover what this world of technology can offer!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Voki


Get a Voki now!



I had a play around to create my own Voki today! Using the website: www.voki.com, I was able to create a visual aid that is able to verbally repeat any information I type - I found this amazing! This program is easy to use, and in the classroom, I think it would be highly effective and engaging for students.
Some ideas I have thought of for the implementation of this tool, is using this tool to present information to students regarding expectations of descriptions of the tasks to be covered in the particular learning experience. I think this could be done effectively, however I also have the opinion that Voki's can be a distracting way of presenting information, because students would be more focused on watching the Voki, than what the Voki was actually saying - in this way, I don't think I would implement this tool in my current classroom. After profiling my young students, I know that this would certainly be engaging for them, but I am also aware that they would become very distracted and talkative as a result. I can imagine however, that this form of tool could be useful in higher education, possibly in university lectures, as an engaging medium to present information, or even for Flex students, as a way of presenting lectures.
I had an enjoyable time playing with this program, however for my class, I can not see this tool being utilised, however it is definitely an easy tool that I will consider for future practice, or perhaps even as an enjoyable activity for students to do in ICT time!

No comments:

Post a Comment